A personal project to design a cinema Android app. Create a solution that will allow people to book tickets for any film in any region within the UK.
The first step I took was to try to understand how people interact with the products and services on cinema websites such as The Prince Charles Cinema.
To do this I answered the following questions:
- Who are their users?
- What practices do they perform on the website?
- What information do they need and where do they look for it?
- With whom do they interact if at all?
- What services are available to them on the website?
- What devices do they use?
- What channels do they use to communicate?
After deciding upon the features that I wanted to include to the site/app, I worked out what functionality would be needed and where. If this was a real product, at this time I would look at the level of benefit each feature would have to the user and to the business. The measurement used would be High, Medium, or Low. This would also help to work out what features would be developed for MVP and the following phases.
- Home Page - Swipe through the UK top 10, search for films showing in your region
- Film Overview - A brief synopsis of the film, the trailer, and ticket purchase
- Film Detail - A full synopsis of the film, Key cast members, and ticket purchase
LinkedIn | Anne-Marie Kirwan © 2023